Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Interesting Facts about Girls !!
• The vagina keeps itself clean and healthy by constantly producing mucus which turns white when it’s
exposed to the air.Discharge also prevents the vagina from drying out. Discharge will begin to appear
some time before your first period begins.
• Females can ovulate before they have their period.
• Cramps and painful periods may be caused by low calcium and magnesium levels.
• The usual amount of blood lost during a period is between one and six tablespoons. (120 ml blood and
• Menstrual fluid is mostly made up of water.
• A lot of girls’ hymen are broken through using a tampon or during active sports such as horse back
riding or cycling. Masturbation, too, can break the hymen. There is an opening in the hymen that lets
menstrual fluid flow out.
• The fallopian tubes are about 10 cm long. The egg travels from the ovary to the uterus along these
• Girls are born with about 300,000 eggs.
• Ovary is about the size of a walnut/olive. The uterus is about the size of a pear/clenched fist.
• The average woman has about 500 periods in her lifetime.
• If a tampon has absorbed as much as it can and has to be changed within 4 hours, try a tampon with a
higher absorbency. If a tampon still has lots of white patches showing when you take it out after about
four hours, try a tampon with lower absorbency. Change your tampon every 4-8 hours.
• PMS symptoms: breast tenderness, feeling swollen or bloated, change in appetite, headaches, acne or
skin rash, constipation or diarrhea, abdominal cramps, feeling sad/tired/irritable or clumsy.
• You get cramps when your uterus contracts (squeezes) slightly to help get rid of most of its lining.
• If you are taking the birth control pill these five drugs may interfere with its effectiveness:
antihistamines, alcohol, analgesics, antacids, antibiotics.
• A pregnancy test only works 2 weeks after a suspected conception.